This page has moved to a new address.

Hello and Welcome!

An Aussie Mum's Guide To Eco Friendly Babies: Hello and Welcome!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hello and Welcome!

Ok, so if you've read the blurb on the right hand side, you know what this page is about.  I thought I'd start by giving you a quick introduction.

My name is Amy, I'm 28 and I have a great hubby and two adorable kids.  I started my career working in various pharmacies in Townsville, then after I moved to Brisbane.  I sort of fell into the Natural Health department by accident but I grew quite passionate about it and it became my forte.  Though I am not a naturopath I would like to one day be one (money and time permitting!) and I have worked with some excellent practitioners in the field.  After 9 years (wow, that makes me feel old) I made the jump into a Health Food Store.  I am so unbelievably glad I did.  It's amazing to work in such an energising industry, where the focus is on health rather than illness and my customers come to me because they really, truly want to looka after themselves and their families. 

It was working here that I fell pregnant and a whole new world started to show itself.  It's one thing to 'go green' and avoid chemials and toxins yourself, or for a very nearly grown up family... quite another when you throw pregnancy and babies into the mix!

I plan to cover every conceivable topic- pregnancy supplements, breastfeeding aids, the BPA debacle (some great product recommendations there!), kids health, toys and lifestyle as well as general health and fitness advice for the whole family.  I'll be shining a spotlight on books, websites, vitamins and herbs, baby/household/beauty products, shops (online and bricks and mortar) an anything else I come across.  I welcome all feedback and suggestions and if you have a questions I will do my best to answer it.

I hope by creating this blog and sharing the many things I have learned (and believe me, I'm still learning a LOT!) I will help maybe just one or two people make a change for the better- for the environment, themselves and their families.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home